What's new

Subarctic flower farming at Boreal Blooms

• Thread starter Growing for Market
  • Start date
Growing for Market

Growing for Market

Farming in any location is challenging. Imagine the challenge of growing crops at latitude 54.5° where winter temperatures hit minus 40° Celsius (minus 40° Fahrenheit) and a mere 100-day growing season can be abbreviated with a large dump of snow at the beginning of September. Meanwhile during the spring, Chinook winds blow and the high latitude’s strong sun alters flowers’ growing cycles.

Continue reading...

StewartMorrisonv

StewartMorrisonv

I really like these flowers. Thanks to them, the photo looks wonderful. Sometimes I walk through the woods and see some flowers which names I don't know. But I have a desire to have these flowers in my garden. So, I've heard that there is an app that identifies a plant from a photo, if you know something about such an app, please tell me about it. In the meantime, I ordered new indoor plants to decorate the house. This time I chose an unpretentious flower called String of turtles. I don't know how to care for it, so I found a blog about plants https://www.hobbyplants.com/string-of-turtles-peperomia-prostrata/, where there is information about this flower. I read that it only needs water and sun to grow and that's great!

Last edited: