- National Corn Growers Association President Kevin Ross joined Iowa and national agriculture leaders for an AgTalks virtual town hall to discuss the future of agriculture, with a focus on trade, supply chains and global competitiveness.
- The National Corn Growers Association urges any farmers who have received suspicious, unsolicited packages of seed that appear to be coming from China to follow guidance being provided by the U.S. Department of Agriculture on how to proceed. USDA’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) is working closely with the Department of Homeland Security’s Customs and Border Protection, other federal agencies, and State departments of agriculture to investigate the situation.
- Alabama peanut farmers voted to continue the current assessment on peanuts that is collected by the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries and administered by the Alabama Peanut Producers Association (APPA). In a referendum conducted on July 23, 2020, ninety-five percent of those who voted said “yes” to continuing APPA’s programs in education, promotion and research.
- Despite turbulent economic times, an investment in senior level talent continues to reap benefits for CLUTCH, a hybrid consultancy and agency with a roster of clients across the agriculture and food value chain. Chris Strohmeyer joins the Minneapolis-based firm as Vice President, Operations and Quality, while Erin Heidecker takes on the role of Senior Manager of Client Engagement.
- Heliae® Agriculture is pleased to announce the promotion of two team members, Karl Wyant to Vice President of Ag Science and Shelley Baugh to Director of Marketing.