- During a board meeting in November 2019, the U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance board of directors voted to move the organization’s activities from the prior 501c6 to a 501c3 charitable organization. This required USFRA to rebrand itself to avoid confusion between the two organizations. In March, the board of directors adopted the 501c3 organization’s new name – U.S. Farmers & Ranchers in Action.
- A new summer field day has been announced for August 24th. The Ag Classic Expo will bring together farmers, businesses, and other agriculture professionals for a day of on-farm plot tours, educational presentations, networking, food, and fun. The field day can be attended in-person and will also be broadcasted live for those who are unable to attend or uncomfortable with crowds. The event is being hosted in partnership with AgMaxx, Inc., the Western Farm Show, Farm Journal’s U.S. Hemp Growers Association, and the Missouri Hemp Association LLC.
- Woodruff has expanded its digital capabilities to offer the latest in web development – progressive web application (PWA).
- A new video from the Renewable Fuels Association and Kansas Corn provides a clear introduction to other important products that come from ethanol production, primarily distillers grains used in livestock production, distillers oil used to make biodiesel, and captured carbon dioxide for the food and beverage industries.
- Mark your calendars for July 23, 2020, at 3:30 p.m. Central time for a live viewing of the 2020 Golden ARC Awards. Folks can register for the Virtual Golden ARC Awards and Happy Hour here: https://bit.ly/GAA2020Virtual.
- Farmers are invited to submit nominations for the 2021 Farm Bureau Farm Dog of the Year contest, with support from Purina. The grand prize winner – Farm Bureau Farm Dog of the Year – will win a year’s worth of Purina dog food and $5,000 in prize money. The winner will be recognized at a Farm Dog of the Year award ceremony at the AFBF Convention in January.
- July 1, 2020 marks the 20th anniversary for AgReliant Genetics, an industry-leading agricultural company dedicated to the research, production and sale of corn, soybeans and other seeds across North America.
- The Agricultural Retailers Association is celebrating the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement’s entry into full force.
- The American Seed Trade Association (ASTA) released a statement regarding the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement. “Today is a big day for the U.S. seed industry, as this critical agreement brings much-needed certainty and key reforms to further strengthen trade between the U.S. and its neighbors to the North and South,” said ASTA President & CEO Andrew LaVigne. “Last year, U.S. seed exports to Mexico and Canada combined for a total of $570 million. Continued trade, guided by clear, science-based policies, is absolutely essential for the livelihood of American farmers and the U.S. economy at large.”
- The American Soybean Association (ASA) and Corteva Agriscience are seeking applicants for the 2021 ASA Corteva Agriscience Young Leader Program. Applications are being accepted online now. Interested applicants should click here for additional program information and to apply.
- A collaborative analysis conducted by four agricultural economics professors at the University of Tennessee and Oklahoma State University has found that U.S. sugar prices do not impede the financial performance of sugar-using firms.
- Illinois teachers will experience agriculture firsthand and enhance student learning related to food, agri-science and STEM agriculture careers thanks to grant funding from the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture. Illinois Agriculture in the Classroom Agricultural Academy: Integrating Agri Science program was recently awarded $120,000 to conduct 100 multiple day trainings over the next four years. The IAA Foundation, which serves in a fundraising capacity for Illinois Agriculture in the Classroom, successfully secured the grant on the program’s behalf.
- STAR Energy FS, headquartered in Manson, Iowa, and GROWMARK FS, headquartered in Hartley, Iowa, are merging into one. The new company, named GROWMARK FS, will offer its farmer customers with a full line of agronomy, energy, and grain marketing needs.
- Farm Foundation is pleased to announce its new Young Agri-Food Leaders and Young Farmer Accelerator Network cohorts for 2020-2021.
- The National FFA Organization announced that the 2020 National FFA Convention & Expo will be held virtually. The organization also extended its contract with the host city of Indianapolis from 2031 to 2033.