- The importance of social responsibility and fresh produce companies’ efforts to achieve it are firmly planted in the spotlight, as the COVID-19 pandemic has reinforced that the food industry is vital, and a healthy workforce is essential for a healthy business. To bring this topic to the forefront with in-depth and relevant content, The Packer has partnered with Equitable Food Initiative to present People First: A Spotlight on Social Responsibility, Feb. 22 to March 16, 2021.
- GROWMARK is making it easier for its thousands of customers to interact, and to deliver upon its renowned unsurpassed customer experience digitally, with the launch of myFS Solution Center.
- A very different World Ag Expo® opened February 9, 2021. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the annual international Ag trade show was held entirely online for the first time in show history. The new online show boasted 752 exhibitors and an impressive 24,639 visits over three days from users in 70 countries, 49 states, and the District of Columbia. The seminars are now available on-demand at https://bit.ly/WAE21Seminars
- The American Soybean Association (ASA) is now accepting applications for the Valent Ag Voices of the Future program, which will be held July 19-22, 2021, in conjunction with the summer ASA Board meeting and Soy Issues Forum in Washington, D.C. The Ag Voices of the Future program is for students interested in improving their understanding of major agricultural policy issues, the importance of advocacy and careers that can impact agricultural policy. Class size is limited and students must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- More than 760,000 FFA members across the country will share the story of agriculture as part of National FFA Week. This year, the week kicks off on Feb. 20 and culminates on Saturday, Feb. 27.
- Aimpoint Research®, a global, strategic intelligence firm, welcomes former U.S. Ambassador Gregg Doud as Vice President of Global Situational Awareness & Chief Economist. Doud most recently served as Chief Agricultural Negotiator in the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative and is one of the primary architects of the U.S.-China “Phase One” trade agreement.
- The Association of Equipment Manufacturers and the Equipment Dealers Association are sponsoring continuing education scholarships for Agricultural teachers. For the fourth consecutive year, AEM is sponsoring the 2021 National Association of Agriculture Educators Curriculum for Agricultural Science Education Institute Scholarship for agriculture educators. Applications for 2021 scholarships are now being accepted. The deadline is Feb. 28, 2021.