- Farm Journal announced that Cliff Becker has been promoted to executive vice president of the company’s Livestock Division. In this role, Becker will continue to provide leadership to a broad portfolio of best-in-class livestock media brands while also launching new initiatives for beef, dairy and swine audiences.
- Roquette celebrated the opening of the world’s largest pea protein plant, further extending its leadership position to meet surging global demand for alternative proteins. The new “Plant for the Future” gives Roquette the largest pea protein supply in the world alongside some of the world’s best experts in developing new plant-based foods.
- Guided by feedback from the latest Women in Food & Agriculture Survey, Alltech is converting insight into action by partnering with WFA to connect women from across the agri-food sector with mentors to champion their professional success. The Women in Food & Agriculture Mentorship Program will facilitate meaningful conversations and professional development while also providing a valuable networking experience.
- The Georgia Peanut Commission hosted a photo contest May 12-Oct. 1, 2021, to fill the pages of the 2022 Georgia Peanut Calendar, “The Farm – The Natural Providence.” Peanut farmers from across Georgia were encouraged to submit their best, high-resolution photo of peanut production on their farm for a chance to feature the photo in the 2022 calendar. For more information on GPC programs and to view the winning photos, visit www.gapeanuts.com.
- Kyle Walker, AFM, AAC, with Peoples Company in Indianola, Iowa, has been presented with the 2021 Professional Farm Manager of the Year award from the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers.
- Applications are now open for the 2022 IFAJ/Alltech Young Leaders Award. If you are an individual who wants to be considered as your guild’s nominee, don’t delay! Each of IFAJ’s member guilds may submit one nominee for the prestigious award, which recognizes outstanding young journalists who demonstrate great potential to become leaders in the agricultural journalism industry.
- The Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute at the University of Nebraska has released its 2021 annual report online, showcasing the institute’s work over the past year — both local and global — related to water and food security.