- C.W. (Bill) McMillan, a long-time lobbyist and consultant for the U.S. beef cattle industry and briefly an Agriculture Department assistant secretary, died Wednesday of heart failure. He was 95.
- For more than three decades cattle producers have simplified their recordkeeping with a handy pocket-sized booklet from the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA). The 2022 version of the Redbook is now available to help cattle producers effectively and efficiently record their daily production efforts, which can help enhance profitability and reduce stress levels.
- The dairy checkoff is launching a new wave of the Undeniably Dairy campaign to create deeper connections between Gen Z and dairy and give them new reasons to choose it over other products. “Reset Yourself with Dairy” is a youth-centric evolution of the checkoff’s consumer campaign and will use a variety of media channels and marketing strategies, including gaming, social media influencers and digital content, to engage with Gen Z to grow sales and trust of dairy.
- The National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame will welcome five 2021 inductees and two award winners at the 45th Annual Induction Luncheon and Ceremony.
- USPOULTRY and the USPOULTRY Foundation have approved $356,000 for five new research grants at five institutions through the comprehensive research program.